Activate your Cooling Pocket
- 1 Immerse the Pocket, containing crystals, in cold water.
- Gently spread the crystals evenly through the Pocket.
- Soak for pocket till the crystals swell and the Pocket is firm (but not rigid):
– Small: 5-8 minutes
– Large: 5-12 minutes
- Towel the Pocket dry. The panels will continue to expand slightly after removing from the water. If the Pocket is too soft and doesn’t hold a firm shape additional soaking is required. ! If Pocket is too rigid, and effort is required to fit medication inside, pocket will need to be set aside to dry. See drying instructions
- Pockets work by evaporation and need to be in contact with the air. Store in a breathable location. It is also safe to store in the fridge.
! DO NOT store in waterproof or airtight containers when Pocket is activated.
! DO NOT store in any location where freezing may occur.
When not in use, allow Pocket to completely dry out until the gel returns to crystal form. Give the pouch an occasional shake whilst drying out to keep the crystals separated. When completely dry, your Pocket should be stored in dry conditions until next required. The drying out period can take 1-4 weeks depending on the environmental climate.
The following actions can accelerate the drying out period
- place Pocket near a heat source such as a heat vent
- hang Pocket on a clothes line if the weather is suitable
- leave Pocket on a window sill in a sunny position ! Do not place the Pocket in a tumble dryer.
The Pocket can be spot cleaned by using a soft bristle brush. Dip the brush into slightly soapy water and spot clean the fabric. Then rinse the Pocket under running water without damaging the crystals inside. Alternatively, you can use a non-bleach anti-bacterial cleaning spray or an anti-bacterial kitchen or baby wipe to clean your Pocket.
! Do not place Pocket into a washing machine
These instructions are only a guide.
Penguin Cooling Pockets will respond differently according to location due to varied climatic and environmental conditions. If activated and used sensibly, they will continue to keep your medication cool for long periods of time. With age, the length of immersion time for activation may increase. As long as the crystals expand into a gel, the Pocket will function properly.